Cyriacus of Amida - ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܐܡܝܕ (d. 623)
http://syriaca.org/person/85 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Works by Cyriacus of Amida in the New Handbook of Syriac Literature
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 2 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 80, pp: 316.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 275.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 301.
- 4 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Qyriaqos of Amid.
- 5 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 642, 1851.
- 6 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 107.
- 7 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : I, 486.
- 8 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 181.
Cyriacus of Amida Different from (1) records.
Cyriacus patriarch of Antioch - ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ (saintauthor, d. 817, 793 ) Names: QuryaqosQuryaqos patriarch of Antioch Qyriaqos of AntiochQyriaqos of TagritKyriakosCyriaque de TagritCyriacusCYRIAQUEKyriakos of Tagrit"Patr of Antioch ordained on 17 Aug 793 in Ḥarran died in June or August 817 in Mosul the sources are not unanimous..."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/145
Cyriacus of Amida Has relation to place (2) records.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Cyriacus of Amida — ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܐܡܝܕ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/85.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Cyriacus of Amida — ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܐܡܝܕ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/85.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Cyriacus of Amida — ܩܘܪܝܐܩܘܣ ܕܐܡܝܕ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Editing, document design, data architecture, encoding, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts, addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH, matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, data merging, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne