John Barbur - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪܒܘܪ
late 6th cent.1
“When Patr. Peter of Kallinikos went to Alexandria in ca. 581 he took with him as theological experts Yuḥanon Barbur and Proba; the two men, however, were won over to the Neo-Chalcedonian position on a technical matter by the sophist Stephanos.” 1
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Yuḥanon Barbur." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 444, 444.
- 2 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: John Barbur.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John Barbur — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪܒܘܪ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/831.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John Barbur — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪܒܘܪ .”, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/831.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John Barbur — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪܒܘܪ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.