John XIV bar Shayullah - ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܝܠܠܗ (ca. 1705? - 6/1783)
http://syriaca.org/person/830 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 G. A. Kiraz, "Yuḥanon XIV bar Shayullāh." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 444, 444.
http://syriaca.org/person/830 Different from (2) records.
John bar Shayullah - ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܝܠܠܗ (saintauthor, d. 1493) Names: John XIV Patriarch Bar Shayʾ AllahYuḥanon bar ShayullāhJohn bar ShayullāhJohn bar Shayʾ AllahPatriarch John Bar Shayʾ AllahPatriarch John Bar Shayʾ AllahIgnace XI John Bar-Shayleh, patriarchIgnace XI Jean Bar-Shayleh, patriarcheIgnatios VII (XI) John XIV ibn Shay AllahSyrian Orhodox patriarch of the fifteenth century born at Mardin Composed a hagiography of David of Ḥomṣ and in turn was the subject of...URI: http://syriaca.org/person/271
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “John XIV bar Shayullah — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܝܠܠܗ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/830.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “John XIV bar Shayullah — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܝܠܠܗ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/830.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John XIV bar Shayullah — ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܪ ܫܝܠܠܗ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.