Wright, William - ܘܠܝܡ ܪܐܝܬ
- ܘܠܝܡ ܪܐܝܬ
- Wright, William
- ܘܠܝܡ ܪܐܝܬ ܐܢܓܠܝܙܝܐ4
- ܘܶܠܝܰܡ ܪܰܐܝܬ ܐܶܢܓܠܝܙܳܝܐ4
- وليم رايت الانكليزي3
- William Wright, the Englishman2
- Wright, William1
- Wright, William2
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Wright, William." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 427-428, 427-428.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 529.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 476.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 508.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Wright, William — ܘܠܝܡ ܪܐܝܬ ” in , last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/807.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Wright, William — ܘܠܝܡ ܪܐܝܬ .” In , edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/807.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Wright, William — ܘܠܝܡ ܪܐܝܬ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson