Theodore Abu Qurra - ܬܐܘܕܘܪܘܣ ܐܒܘ ܩܘܪܪܗ
- ܬܐܘܕܘܪܘܣ ܐܒܘ ܩܘܪܪܗ4
- ܬܶܐܘܳܕܳܘܪܳܘܣ ܐܰܒܘ ܩܘܽܪܪܰܗ4
- ثاودورس ابو قرَّة3
- Theodore Abu Qurrah5
- Theodore Abu Qurra
- Theodoros Abū Qurra1
probably after 8291
Theodore Ibn Qurra 2 : The English translation of Barsoum's Scattered Pearls replaced "Abu" with "Ibn" in the name: Theodore Ibn Qurra
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 A. M. Butts, "Theodoros Abū Qurra." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 403-405, 403-405.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 387.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 340.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 368.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Theodore Abu Qurrah.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Theodore Abu Qurra — ܬܐܘܕܘܪܘܣ ܐܒܘ ܩܘܪܪܗ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/782.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Theodore Abu Qurra — ܬܐܘܕܘܪܘܣ ܐܒܘ ܩܘܪܪܗ .”, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/782.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Theodore Abu Qurra — ܬܐܘܕܘܪܘܣ ܐܒܘ ܩܘܪܪܗ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson