Paul II, Patriarch of Antioch - ܦܘܠܘܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܕܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ (d. 581)
http://syriaca.org/person/72 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Patr. Pawlos’s name (‘of the house of the black ones’) was rendered in Greek as ‘of the black (ones)’ (Melanos, sing., or Melanōn, plur.).” 1
- ܦܘܠܘܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܕܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ4
- Paul II, Patriarch of Antioch
- ܦܰܘܠܘܣ ܬܪܰܝܳܢܐ ܦܰܛܪܝܰܪܟܳܐ ܕܐܰܢܛܝܘܟܺܝܰܐ4
- بولس الثاني بطريرك انطاكية3
- Paul of Beth-Ukame5
- Paul II, Patriarch of Antioch2
- Paul of Beth Ukome
- Pawlos of Beth Ukome1
- Patriarch of Antioch 2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 6 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Pawlos of Beth Ukome." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 322-323.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 67, pp: 302.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 263.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 289.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Paul of Beth-Ukame.
http://syriaca.org/person/72 Has literary connection to place (4) records.http://syriaca.org/person/72 Born at (2) records. http://syriaca.org/person/72 Has relation to place (3) records.
Qenneshre (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ Names: QenneshrinQenneshrin MonasteryMonastery of Qenneshre"A W Syr monastery that in its heyday 6th 9th cent stood out as a center of Greek study in the Syriac speaking..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/230See all 4
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Paul II, Patriarch of Antioch — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܕܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/72.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Paul II, Patriarch of Antioch — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܕܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/72.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Paul II, Patriarch of Antioch — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܬܪܝܢܐ ܦܛܪܝܪܟܐ ܕܐܢܛܝܘܟܝܐ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson