Paul the Persian - ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܪܣܝܐ (sometime between 500 - 550)
http://syriaca.org/person/674 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Pawlos the Persian." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 324-325, 324-325.
- 2 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Paul the Persian.
http://syriaca.org/person/674 Possibly identical (4) records.
Paul of Nisibis - ܦܘܠܘܣ ܕܢܨܝܒܝܢ (author, d. 0573) Names: Pawlos of NisibisPaul of NisibisPaul of NisibisPAUL, métropolite de NisibePaulus NisibenusPaul of NisibisPAUL, métropolite de Nisibe"Theologian, biblical commentator, and bp. of Nisibis, for which position he was selected in 544 by Cath. Mar Aba, his former teacher."In hagiography Paul of Nisibis was originally from Prat Maysan He was a disciple of Mar Aba I who signed the synod of Joseph...URI: http://syriaca.org/person/673
URI: #person-674See all 4
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Paul the Persian — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܪܣܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/674.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Paul the Persian — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܪܣܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/674.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Paul the Persian — ܦܘܠܘܣ ܦܪܣܝܐ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.