Mary, Mother of God - ܡܪܝܡ
- Mary, Mother of God
- ܡܪܝܡ ܝܠܕܬ ܐܠܗܐ6
- العذرآء مريم3
- Marie Mère de Dieu6
- Maryam yāldath Alāhā
- Maryam yāldaṯ Alāhā6
- Mary1, 10
- Virgin Mary2
Mary, Mother of God is commemorated in Mary Mother of God and Joseph (text) — [http://syriaca.org/work/1515] .6
Mary, Mother of God is commemorated in Mary Mother of God and Joseph (text) — [http://syriaca.org/work/1598] .6
Mary, Mother of God is commemorated in Mary Mother of God and Joseph (text) — [http://syriaca.org/work/1990] .6 6
Mary, Mother of God is commemorated in Mary Mother of God (text) — [http://syriaca.org/work/1740] .6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6
Mary, Mother of God is commemorated in Mary Mother of God (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/1835] .6
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Mary." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 274-275.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 29.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 35.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 46.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Mary.
- 6 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 1118, 1416, 1517, 1959, 1353, 1673, 904, 1339, 1348, 1436, 1545, 1739, 1826, 1858, 1859, 1938, 1785.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Mary, Mother of God — ܡܪܝܡ .” In , edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent, David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 1 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/624.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Mary, Mother of God — ܡܪܝܡ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Editing, document design, data architecture, encoding, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts, addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH, matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, data merging, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne