Leo of Harran - ܠܐܘܢ ܕܚܪܢ
- ܠܐܘܢ ܕܚܪܢ
- Leo of Harran
- لاون اسقف حرَّان الملكي3
- Leo of Harran5
- Leon of Ḥarran1
- Leo, the Malkite bishop of Ḥarran2
late 8th or early 9th cent.1
ܠܢܙܘܢ ܐܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܡܠܟܝܐ ܕܚܪܢ 4 ܠܰܢܙܘܢ ܐܶܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܡܰܠܟܳܝܐ ܕܚܳܪܳܢ 4 : Dolabani's Syriac typesetter evidently misread ܠܰܢܙܘܢ instead of ܠܰܝܐܘܢ: ܠܢܙܘܢ ܐܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܡܠܟܝܐ ܕܚܪܢ ܠܰܢܙܘܢ ܐܶܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܡܰܠܟܳܝܐ ܕܚܳܪܳܢ
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 U. Possekel, "Leon of Ḥarran." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 247, 247.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 352-353.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 308.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 335.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Leo of Harran.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Leo of Harran — ܠܐܘܢ ܕܚܪܢ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/596.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Leo of Harran — ܠܐܘܢ ܕܚܪܢ .”, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/596.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Leo of Harran — ܠܐܘܢ ܕܚܪܢ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson