Zechariah Rhetor - ܙܟܪܝܐ ܡܠܝܠܐ (sometime between 450 - 550)
http://syriaca.org/person/58 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 7 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 S. P. Brock, "Zacharias Rhetor." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 448-449.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 54, pp: 293.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 254.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 280.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Zacharias Rhetor, Zacharias Scholasticus.
- 6 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 335, 340, 341, 342, 343, 466, 787.
- 7 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 183-184.
- 8 Cornelia B Horn and Robert R Phenix (eds.), The Lives of Peter the Iberian, Theodosius of Jerusalem, and the Monk Romanus, Writings from the Greco-Roman world, vol. 24 (Atlanta: Society of Biblical Literature, 2008)
Zechariah Rhetor Has literary connection to place (2) records.Zechariah Rhetor Born at (1) records.Zechariah Rhetor Has relation to place (4) records.
Beirut (settlement) - ܒܝܪܘܬ Names: Berytos"Beirut, Lebanon is mentioned in many Syr. Orth. texts in connection with the St. Jude monastery and church."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/46See all 4
56 Catalog Search Results from WorldCat
Based on VIAF ID. May contain inaccuracies. Not curated by Syriaca.org.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Zechariah Rhetor — ܙܟܪܝܐ ܡܠܝܠܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/58.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Zechariah Rhetor — ܙܟܪܝܐ ܡܠܝܠܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/58.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Zechariah Rhetor — ܙܟܪܝܐ ܡܠܝܠܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson