Gabriel bar Bokhtishoʿ - [ Syriac Not Available ] (d. 827/8)
http://syriaca.org/person/492 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Physician. Gabriel was a member of the Bokhtishoʿ (Arabic Bakhtishūʿ) family, which produced a number of famous physicians first in Gondeshapur (Beth Lapaṭ) and then in Baghdad (see D. Sourdel, in EI2, vol. 1, 1298; L. Richter-Bernburg, in EIr, vol. 4 , 333-6).” 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 A. M. Butts, "Gabriel bar Bokhtishoʿ." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 169-170.
- 2 ʿAbdishoʿ bar Brikha, Ktābā d-metqre margānitā d-ʿal šrārā da-kresṭyānutā, 2nd ed. (Mosul: Mṭabbaʿtā ātoraytā d-ʿēdtā ʿattiqtā d-madnḥā, 1924), pp: 81.
- 3 Josephus Simonius Assemani, Bibliotheca Orientalis Clementino-Vaticana (Rome: Sacrae Congregationis de Propaganda Fide, 1719-1728)., pp: III:258.
- 4 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 227.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Gabriel bar Bokhtishoʿ — ܓܒܪܝܠ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/492.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Gabriel bar Bokhtishoʿ — ܓܒܪܝܠ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/492.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Gabriel bar Bokhtishoʿ — ܓܒܪܝܠ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.