Cardahi, Gabriel - ܓܒܪܐܝܠ ܩܪܕܚܐ (1845 - 1931)
http://syriaca.org/person/406 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
: Barsoum's Arabic of Cardahi transposed the alif and the ḥa: جبرائيل قرادحي
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 L. Van Rompay, "Cardahi, Gabriel." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 89, 89.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 26.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 34.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 45.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Cardahi, Gabriel — ܓܒܪܐܝܠ ܩܪܕܚܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/406.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Cardahi, Gabriel — ܓܒܪܐܝܠ ܩܪܕܚܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/406.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Cardahi, Gabriel — ܓܒܪܐܝܠ ܩܪܕܚܐ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson