George, bishop of al-Bsheriyyeh - ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܒܪ ܐܒܪܗܡ ܥܒܕܐܠܢܘܪ ܚܠܒܝܐ
- ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܒܪ ܐܒܪܗܡ ܥܒܕܐܠܢܘܪ ܚܠܒܝܐ4
- George, bishop of al-Bsheriyyeh
- ܓܶܘܰܪܓܝܣ ܒܰܪ ܐܰܒܪܗܡ ܥܰܒܕܐܠܢܽܘܪ ܚܳܠܒܳܝܐ4
- جرجس بن ابراهيم عبدالنور الحلبي3
- Basilios Gewargis
- Baselios Gewargis1
- George, son of Abraham ‛Abd al-Nur of Aleppo2
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 G. A. Kiraz, "Baselios Gewargis." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 64.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 549.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 496.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 531.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “George, bishop of al-Bsheriyyeh — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܒܪ ܐܒܪܗܡ ܥܒܕܐܠܢܘܪ ܚܠܒܝܐ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/375.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “George, bishop of al-Bsheriyyeh — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܒܪ ܐܒܪܗܡ ܥܒܕܐܠܢܘܪ ܚܠܒܝܐ .”, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/375.
About this Entry
Entry Title: George, bishop of al-Bsheriyyeh — ܓܘܪܓܝܣ ܒܪ ܐܒܪܗܡ ܥܒܕܐܠܢܘܪ ܚܠܒܝܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson