Faʾiq, Naʿʿum - ܢܥܘܡ ܦܐܝܩ (ca. 1868 - 1930)
http://syriaca.org/person/304 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“He was born in Diyarbakir (Amid) to Elias Jacob Palak and Saydeh Safar and was given the baptismal name Naʿʿūm (he gave himself the nickname Fāʾiq).” 1
- ܢܥܘܡ ܦܐܝܩ
- Faʾiq, Naʿʿum
- ܡܫܡܫܢܐ ܢܥܘܡ ܦܐܝܩ4
- ܡܫܰܡܫܳܢܐ ܢܰܥܘܡ ܦܰܐܝܩ4
- الشماس نعوم فائق3
- Naoum Elias Palak1
- Naʿum Fa'yeq
- Deacon Na‛‛um Fa'iq2
- Fāʾiq, Naʿʿūm1
- Fāʾiq, Naʿʿum1
- Deacon 2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 G. A. Kiraz, "Fā’iq, Naʿʿūm." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 163.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 291, pp: 523.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 468.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 500.
- 5 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 72.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Faʾiq, Naʿʿum — ܢܥܘܡ ܦܐܝܩ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/304.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Faʾiq, Naʿʿum — ܢܥܘܡ ܦܐܝܩ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/304.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Faʾiq, Naʿʿum — ܢܥܘܡ ܦܐܝܩ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson