Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem - ܝܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܪܝܐ (d. 1537)
http://syriaca.org/person/281 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
- ܝܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܪܝܐ
- Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem
- ܝܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܪܝܐ ܡܝܛܪܘܦܘܠܝܛܐ ܕܐܘܪܫܠܡ4
- ܝܰܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܰܪܝܐ ܡܝܛܪܘܦܘܠܝܛܐ ܕܐܽܘܪܶܫܠܡ4
- يوسف الكرجي مطران اورشليم3
- Gregory Joseph IV the Iberian1
- Gregory Joseph IV the Iberian of Jerusalem
- Grigorios Yawseph1
- Joseph al-Gurji, metropolitan of Jerusalem2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 7 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 G. A. Kiraz, "Grigorios Yawseph." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 183-184.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 273, pp: 511.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 458.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 489.
- 5 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 22.
Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem Born at (1) records.Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem Has relation to place (6) records.
Dayr al-Zaʿfarān (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܙܥܦܪܐܢ Names: Dayro d-Mor ḤnonyoDayr Mār ḤanānyāZaʿfaran Monasterymonastery Deir ZafaranZaʿfarān (West Syrian)Dayr al-ZafarānDayr al-Za‘farānZafaran MonasteryZa‘faran MonasteryZafarān (West Syrian)Za‘farān (West Syrian)"A Syr Orth monastery dedicated to Mar Ḥnonyo Arab Ḥanānyā located outside Mardin and the seat of the patriarchate from 1293 until after..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/69
Jerusalem (settlement) - ܐܘܪܫܠܡ"As the birthplace of Christianity and the main destination of pilgrimage, Jerusalem played an important role for Christians of all Syr. traditions."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/104
Damascus (settlement) - ܕܪܡܣܘܩ"Syriac Darmsuq and Arabic Dimashq. City in Syria and the seat at present of the Syr. Orth. Patriarchate."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/66
Tripolis (settlement) - ܛܪܝܦܘܠܝܣ Names: TripoliA coastal city north of Beirut .URI: http://syriaca.org/place/203See all 6
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem — ܝܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܪܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/281.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem — ܝܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܪܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/281.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Gregorius Joseph, metropolitan of Jerusalem — ܝܘܣܦ ܐܝܒܪܝܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson