Jacob, the deacon - ܝܥܩܘܒ (451)
http://syriaca.org/person/28 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 2 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 25, pp: 244.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 210.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 236.
- 4 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 180.
http://syriaca.org/person/28 Different from (2) records.
Jacob of Edessa - ܝܥܩܘܒ ܕܐܘܪܗܝ (saintauthor, ca. 630 - 708) Names: Yaʿqub of Edessa Jacob of Edessa MarJacob of Edessa Yaqub of EdessaYa‘qub of EdessaJacques d’ÉdesseJACQUES D'EDESSEJacob of EdessaJaʿqôb(h) von EdessaJacobus Edessae"Bp. of Edessa (ca. 684–9, 708) and scholar."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/113
http://syriaca.org/person/28 Has relation to place (3) records.
Edessa (settlement) - ܐܘܪܗܝ Names: UrfaAdmeAntiochia KallirhoeUrhayA city of Mesopotamia , the capital of the ancient kingdom of Osrhoene , modern Urfa.URI: http://syriaca.org/place/78See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Jacob, the deacon — ܝܥܩܘܒ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/28.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Jacob, the deacon — ܝܥܩܘܒ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/28.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Jacob, the deacon — ܝܥܩܘܒ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama