Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch - ܢܘܚ ܠܒܢܢܝܐ (1451 - 1509)
http://syriaca.org/person/277 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 4 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 H. G. B. Teule, "Nuḥ the Lebanese." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 313-314.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 269, pp: 508.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 455.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 485.
- 5 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 327-328.
- 6 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 17.
- 7 Sebastian Paul Brock, A Brief Outline of Syriac Literature, 2nd ed., rev. and enlarged , Mōrān ʾEthʾō, vol. 9 (Kottayam: St. Ephrem Ecumenical Research Institute, 2008), pp: 71.
Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch Has literary connection to place (1) records.
Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch Died at (1) records.
Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch Has relation to place (2) records.
Musa al-Ḥabashi (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܡܘܫܐ ܟܘܫܝܐ Names: Moses the Abyssinian Monasterymonastery of Mar Musa al-Habashi"The Monastery of Moses the Ethiopian is perched on top of a steep rocky promontory that juts out of a deep gully between..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/228
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch — ܢܘܚ ܠܒܢܢܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/277.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch — ܢܘܚ ܠܒܢܢܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/277.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Nuh the Lebanese, patriarch — ܢܘܚ ܠܒܢܢܝܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson