Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun - ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ (1275 - 1335)
http://syriaca.org/person/250 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Author. He was born in 1275 in Ḥaḥ (Ṭur ʿAbdin) as the son of the teacher and priest Ṣlibo, son of the priest Isḥoq bar Khayrun.” 1
- ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ
- ܕܝܪܝܐ ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ4
- ܕܰܝܪܳܝܳܐ ܝܶܫܘܥ ܒܰܪ ܟܰܝܪܘܢ4
- الراهب يشوع ابن خيرون3
- Ishoʿ bar Khayrun
- The Monk Yeshu‛ Bar Khayrun2
- Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun1
- Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun
- the Monk 2
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 5 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 H. Kaufhold, "Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 438.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 245, pp: 489.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 438.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 470.
- 5 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 327?.
- 6 Rudolf Macuch, Geschichte der spät- und neusyrischen Literatur, 1. Aufl (Berlin: Walter de Gruyter, 1965), pp: 12.
Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun Has literary connection to place (1) records.
Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun Born at (1) records.
Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun Has relation to place (3) records.
Monastery of the Virgin (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܒܬܘܠܬܐA monastery near the village of Sidus .URI: http://syriaca.org/place/1485See all 3
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/250.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/250.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Yeshuʿ bar Khayrun — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܪܘܢ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson