Yeshuʿ bar Kilu - ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܠܘ (1309)
http://syriaca.org/person/246 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 241, pp: 487.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 436.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 468.
Yeshuʿ bar Kilu Born at (1) records.
Yeshuʿ bar Kilu Has relation to place (2) records.
Ṭur ʿAbdin (region) - ܛܘܪܥܒܕܝܢ Names: Tur ʿAbdinTur AbdinṬūr ʿAbdīnṬur AbdinṬur ‘AbdinTur AbdinTur ‘AbdinṬūr AbdīnṬūr ‘Abdīn"Properly speaking Ṭur ʿAbdin Mountain of the servants does not include the whole province of Mardin in Turkey but only the limestone plateau..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/221
Dayr al-Zaʿfarān (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܙܥܦܪܐܢ Names: Dayro d-Mor ḤnonyoDayr Mār ḤanānyāZaʿfaran Monasterymonastery Deir ZafaranZaʿfarān (West Syrian)Dayr al-ZafarānDayr al-Za‘farānZafaran MonasteryZa‘faran MonasteryZafarān (West Syrian)Za‘farān (West Syrian)"A Syr Orth monastery dedicated to Mar Ḥnonyo Arab Ḥanānyā located outside Mardin and the seat of the patriarchate from 1293 until after..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/69
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ bar Kilu — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܠܘ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/246.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Yeshuʿ bar Kilu — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܠܘ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/246.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Yeshuʿ bar Kilu — ܝܫܘܥ ܒܪ ܟܝܠܘ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama