Theodore bar Wahbun - ܒܪ ܘܗܒܘܢ (d. 1193)
http://syriaca.org/person/216 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 6 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 H. Kaufhold, "Theodoros bar Wahbun." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 406.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 213, pp: 443.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 393.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 423.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Theodore bar Wahbun.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 30-301.
- 7 J.-B. Chabot, Littérature syriaque, Bibliothèque catholique des sciences religieuses; Littératures chrétiennes de l'Orient (: Librairie Bloud & Gay, 1934), pp: 127-128.
Theodore bar Wahbun Has literary connection to place (1) records.Theodore bar Wahbun Born at (1) records.Theodore bar Wahbun Has relation to place (4) records.
Edessa (settlement) - ܐܘܪܗܝ Names: UrfaAdmeAntiochia KallirhoeUrhayA city of Mesopotamia , the capital of the ancient kingdom of Osrhoene , modern Urfa.URI: http://syriaca.org/place/78
Jerusalem (settlement) - ܐܘܪܫܠܡ"As the birthplace of Christianity and the main destination of pilgrimage, Jerusalem played an important role for Christians of all Syr. traditions."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/104
Mor Barṣawmo (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܪܝ ܒܪܨܘܡܐ Names: Barṣoum Monasterymonastery of Mar Barsauma"The monastery situated in the mountains to the southeast of Melitene and named after the 5th cent ascetic Barṣawmo rose to prominence as..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/224See all 4
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Theodore bar Wahbun — ܒܪ ܘܗܒܘܢ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/216.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Theodore bar Wahbun — ܒܪ ܘܗܒܘܢ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/216.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Theodore bar Wahbun — ܒܪ ܘܗܒܘܢ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson