Michael of Marʿash - ܡܝܟܐܝܠ ܡܪܥܫܝܐ (d. 1138)
http://syriaca.org/person/203 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 6 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 200, pp: 424.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 375.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 404.
http://syriaca.org/person/203 Has literary connection to place (3) records.http://syriaca.org/person/203 Has relation to place (5) records.
Beth ʿArīf (settlement) - ܒܝܬ ܥܪܝܦ Names: Beth ArīfBeth ‘ArīfA village near Jerusalem .URI: http://syriaca.org/place/1491See all 3
Mary Magdalene (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܡܓܕܠܝܬܐ Names: Mary MagdeleneMagdalene MonasteryURI: http://syriaca.org/place/387See all 5
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Michael of Marʿash — ܡܝܟܐܝܠ ܡܪܥܫܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/203.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Michael of Marʿash — ܡܝܟܐܝܠ ܡܪܥܫܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/203.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Michael of Marʿash — ܡܝܟܐܝܠ ܡܪܥܫܝܐ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama