Barhadbshabba of Mor Matay - ܕܝܪܝܐ ܒܪ ܚܕ ܒܫܒܐ (sometime between 800 - 900)
http://syriaca.org/person/159 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 1 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 158, pp: 390.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 342.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 370.
http://syriaca.org/person/159 Different from (3) records.
Barhadbshabba ʿArbaya - ܒܪܚܕܒܫܒܐ ܥܪܒܝܐ (author, late 6th / early 7th cent. ) Names: Barḥadbshabba ʿArbayaBarḥadbshabba ArbayaBarḥadbshabba ‘ArbayaBarhadbechabba ArbayaBarḥadbshabba of ʿArbayaBarhadbeshabba de Arbaia"A member of the School of Nisibis in the latter part of the 6th cent who may have composed two of the most..."URI: http://syriaca.org/person/367See all 3
http://syriaca.org/person/159 Has relation to place (2) records.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Barhadbshabba of Mor Matay — ܕܝܪܝܐ ܒܪ ܚܕ ܒܫܒܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/159.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Barhadbshabba of Mor Matay — ܕܝܪܝܐ ܒܪ ܚܕ ܒܫܒܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/159.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Barhadbshabba of Mor Matay — ܕܝܪܝܐ ܒܪ ܚܕ ܒܫܒܐ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama