Theodore of Kashkar - [ Syriac Not Available ] (sometime between 550 - 750)
http://syriaca.org/person/1499 This page is an entry in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
In hagiography: Theodore of Kashkar was a monk who founded his own school outside of Kashkar. When he was older, he retired in solitude and grew wild herbs. He went to the Caliph Umar I ibn al-Hattab to obtain an exemption for priests and deacons.
- Theodore of Kashkar
- THÉODORE DE KAŠKAR1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 441.
- 3 Jean Maurice Fiey, Assyrie chrétienne contribution à l'étude de l'histoire et de la géographie ecclésiastiques et monastiques du nord d'Iraq. (Beyrouth, 1965)., : III, 164-67.
- 4 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : II, 1182.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Theodore of Kashkar” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1499.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Theodore of Kashkar.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1499.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Theodore of Kashkar
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.