Sarah - [ Syriac Not Available ]
http://syriaca.org/person/1452 This page is an entry in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
In hagiography: Zayna, a bishop and martyr, and his sister Sarah, were a brother and sister pair similar to Behnam and Sara. Their cult in Tagrit was a rival to that of Behnam and Sara at Mar Mattai. Zayna was the son of Ator, a king. He became a monk and bishop. Their story was elaborate and involved dragons, healed kings, profitable caravans, and supernatural senses. The cult of Zayna and Sarah was very popular in Qaraqosh.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 388.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Sarah” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1452.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Sarah.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1452.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Sarah
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.