Elijah of Harran - ܐܠܝܐ ܚܪܢܝܐ (sometime between 700 - 800)
http://syriaca.org/person/141 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 3 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), entry: 140, pp: 371.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 324.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 353.
- 4 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 277.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Elijah of Harran.
Elijah of Harran Born at (1) records.
Elijah of Harran Has relation to place (2) records.
Qenneshre (monastery) - ܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܢܫܪܝܢ Names: QenneshrinQenneshrin MonasteryMonastery of Qenneshre"A W Syr monastery that in its heyday 6th 9th cent stood out as a center of Greek study in the Syriac speaking..."URI: http://syriaca.org/place/230
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Elijah of Harran — ܐܠܝܐ ܚܪܢܝܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/141.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Elijah of Harran — ܐܠܝܐ ܚܪܢܝܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/141.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Elijah of Harran — ܐܠܝܐ ܚܪܢܝܐ
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama