John the Son of the Carpenters - [ Syriac Not Available ]
http://syriaca.org/person/1304 This page is an entry in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
In hagiography: John, the son of a joiner, was a Persian Martyr who was killed by his own father. John was tortured with various metallic instruments, and he was ultimately decapitated. His sister was also killed. His relics were collected by Bar Hebraeus.
- John the Son of the Carpenters
- JEAN, FILS DES MENUISIERS1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 234.
- 3 Jean Maurice Fiey, Assyrie chrétienne contribution à l'étude de l'histoire et de la géographie ecclésiastiques et monastiques du nord d'Iraq. (Beyrouth, 1965)., : II, 431-35.
- 4 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : I, 1112-13.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “John the Son of the Carpenters” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1304.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “John the Son of the Carpenters.” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1304.
About this Entry
Entry Title: John the Son of the Carpenters
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.