Ishoʿsabran - ܝܫܘܥܣܒܪܢ
Īšōʿsawrān was a Zoroastrian Convert and later martyr from Erbil, whose life was written by Īšōʿyaw III of Adiabene. His life speaks a great deal of the interactions between the Church of the East and Syrian Orthodox Church in the seventh century.
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 847, 1052.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 209.
- 3 Alfred Baudrillart et al., Dictionnaire d'histoire et de géographie ecclésiastiques (Paris: Letouzey et Ané, 1912)., : CL (1995), col. 176-77.
- 4 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : II, 259-61.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Ishoʿsabran — ܝܫܘܥܣܒܪܢ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1284.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Ishoʿsabran — ܝܫܘܥܣܒܪܢ .”, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1284.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Ishoʿsabran — ܝܫܘܥܣܒܪܢ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Editing by James E. Walters
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.