Daniel the Doctor - ܕܢܝܐܝܠ ܐܣܝܐ
- ܕܢܝܐܝܠ ܐܣܝܐ
- Daniel the Doctor
- DANIEL LE MÉDICIN1
- Danīʾēl Asyā
- Dānīʾēl ʾāsyā
Daniel the Doctor was a convert from paganism who travelled to the monastery of Pachomius, then to Mar Awgin and then Nuhadra. He healed Miles, the son of a Persian governor. He lived as a hermit.
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 118.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Daniel the Doctor — ܕܢܝܐܝܠ ܐܣܝܐ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1201.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Daniel the Doctor — ܕܢܝܐܝܠ ܐܣܝܐ .”, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1201.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Daniel the Doctor — ܕܢܝܐܝܠ ܐܣܝܐ
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Editing by James E. Walters
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.