Abel - [ Syriac Not Available ]
In hagiography: Abel was the first stylite saint of the monastery of Qartmin and was a patron against eye disease and paralysis. According to hagiographic tradition, Philoxenus of Mabbug called upon him for a benediction.
Status: incomplete Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 12.
- 3 Andrew Palmer, Monk and Mason on the Tigris Frontier (Cambridge, Massachusetts ; London, England: Cambridge University Press, 1990)., : 77, 112-14.
- 4 Pontificia Università lateranense and Istituto Giovanni XXIII, Bibliotheca sanctorum (Roma: Istituto Giovanni XXIII nella Pontificia Università lateranense, 1961-1970)., : I, 64.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Abel” in , last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1104.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “Abel.” In , edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1104.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abel
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.