ʿAbdon - [ Syriac Not Available ]
- ABDON et SENNEN1
In hagiography: In hagiography: ʿAbdon and Sennen were two Persian twins martyred in Rome. Their story was contained in the martyrology of Bishop Polychrone, a bishop of Babylon. They do not figure in Syriac hagiography, but in the Latin tradition they are called Ciccensis adiabenicis victis.
Abdon and Sennen are not found in syriac martyrologies.
Status: incomplete Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 11.
- 4 Jean Maurice Fiey, "Autour de la biographie de Rabban Bar 'Eta." L'Orient Syrien vol. 11 (1966)., : 137-45. ( 1966) Note: For Latin references, please see: .
- 5 Pontificia Università lateranense and Istituto Giovanni XXIII, Bibliotheca sanctorum (Roma: Istituto Giovanni XXIII nella Pontificia Università lateranense, 1961-1970)., : I, 50-57.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “ʿAbdon” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1103.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al., “ʿAbdon.”, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1103.
About this Entry
Entry Title: ʿAbdon
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Mellon Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of Jean Maurice Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.