Melito, bishop of Sardis - ܡܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܕܣܐܪܕܝܣ
- ܡܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܕܣܐܪܕܝܣ
- Melito, bishop of Sardis
- ܡܪܝ ܡܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܐܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܕܣܐܪܕܝܣ4
- ܡܳܪܝ ܡܺܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܐܶܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܕܣܰܐܪܕܝܣ4
- مار ميليطون اسقف ساردة3
- Meliton of Sardis1
- St. Meliton, bishop of Sardis2
Status: draft Is this record complete?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 284.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 129.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 115.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 137.
How to Cite This Entry
David A. Michelson et al., “Melito, bishop of Sardis — ܡܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܕܣܐܪܕܝܣ ” last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1083.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:David A. Michelson et al., “Melito, bishop of Sardis — ܡܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܕܣܐܪܕܝܣ .”, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal, 2016. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1083.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Melito, bishop of Sardis — ܡܝܠܝܛܘܢ ܕܣܐܪܕܝܣ
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter