Gazarta - ܓܙܪܬܐ ܕܒܪ ܥܘܡܪ
Same location but not the same conceptual place as http://pleiades.stoa.org/places/874296.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 6 Alphonse Mingana, Catalogue of the Mingana Collection of Manuscripts (Cambridge: W. Heffer and Sons, 1933), col: I:748.
- 7 Yāqūt al-Ḥamawī, Muʿjam al-buldān (Beirut: Dār al-kutub al-ʿilmiyya, 1990), pp: II:160.
- 1 Region and 1 Diocese, share a name with 'Gazarta' () (see list)
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Gazarta — ܓܙܪܬܐ ܕܒܪ ܥܘܡܪ ” in The Syriac Gazetteer last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/place/88.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Gazarta — ܓܙܪܬܐ ܕܒܪ ܥܘܡܪ .” In The Syriac Gazetteer, edited by Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/place/88.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Gazarta — ܓܙܪܬܐ ܕܒܪ ܥܘܡܪ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson, editors, The Syriac Gazetteer
- Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “Gazarta — ܓܙܪܬܐ ܕܒܪ ܥܘܡܪ ”
- Initial Barsoum entry creation by David A. Michelson
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac description entry by Robert Aydin
- Wilmshurst index information entry by Anthony Davis