- “ܕܒܰܦܢܝܬ ܟܺܝܫܘܡ ܘܪܰܥܒܰܐܢ ܐܰܚܕܗ ܟܘܪܢܝܓ ܐܰܪܡܢܳܝܐ ܒܝܫ ܬܰܪܥܝܬܐ ܘܫܰܢܶܩ ܠܕܰܝܪ̈ܳܝܰܘܗܝ ܘܰܛܪܰܕ ܐܶܢܘܽܢ. ܘܥܰܒܕܗ ܩܶܠܥܐ ܫܢܰܬ 1114 ܟܢ ܐܰܗܦܟܘܽܗܝ ܕܰܝܪ̈ܝܐ ܘܢܰܦܩ ܫܬܳܐ ܐܶܦܝܣܩܘ̈ܦܐ ܥܕܰܡܐ ܠܰܫܢܬ 965” 1
- “في ناحية كيسوم ورعبان، اغتصبه كورتيج الارمني الخبيث الطوية ونكل برهبانه وطردهم وجعله قلعة عام 1114 ثم استعاده الرهبان وخرج ستة اساقفة من سنة 1095 الى 1132.” 2
- “in the vicinity of Kesum and Raʿbān, was usurped by the wicked Gurtij the Armenian, who persecuted and expelled its monks, converting it into a citadel in 1114, but the monks were able to regain it. Between 1095 and 1132, six bishops graduated from it.” 3
Dolabani's printer read his ʿe as a lomadh, and replaced his nun with a dolath.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), p: 548.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), p: 512.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), p: 561.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Dayr ʿArnīsh — ܕܝܪܐ ܕܥܘܪܢܝܣ ” in last modified December 9, 2016, http://syriaca.org/place/370.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson et al., “Dayr ʿArnīsh — ܕܝܪܐ ܕܥܘܪܢܝܣ .” In , edited by ., edited by David A. Michelson et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published December 9, 2016. http://syriaca.org/place/370.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Dayr ʿArnīsh — ܕܝܪܐ ܕܥܘܪܢܝܣ
- Initial Barsoum entry creation by David A. Michelson
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac description entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic description entry by Dayroyo Roger-Youssef Akhrass
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by David A. Michelson
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by William L. Potter
- Record validation, normalization, and revisions for the second edition (2.0) by Daniel L. Schwartz