Osrhoene - [ Syriac Not Available ]
A Roman province centered around Edessa.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 5, 132, 133, 138, 199, 209, 262, 266, 293, 327, 351, 363, 447, maps: Map I B2.
- 2 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Osrhoene.
How to Cite This Entry
Thomas A. Carlson, “Osrhoene” in The Syriac Gazetteer last modified January 14, 2014, http://syriaca.org/place/145.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Thomas A. Carlson, “Osrhoene.” In The Syriac Gazetteer, edited by Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published January 14, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/145.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Osrhoene
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson, editors, The Syriac Gazetteer
- Thomas A. Carlson, entry contributor, “Osrhoene”
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2014.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.