Pishon - [ Syriac Not Available ]
- Attestation of name فيشون in the Muʿjam al-buldān of Yāqūt al-Ḥamawī. (not before 1224, not after 1228)2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity ( The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013) http://syriaca.org/bibl/5, entry: Pishon.
- 2 Yāqūt al-Ḥamawī, Muʿjam al-buldān ( Beirut: Dār al-kutub al-ʿilmiyya, 1990) http://syriaca.org/bibl/636, pp: IV:323.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Carlson, Thomas A., “ Pishon.” In The Syriac Gazetteer, edited by Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published June 30, 2014. http://syriaca.org/place/1181.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Pishon
Publication Date: June 30, 2014
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Thomas A. Carlson and David A. Michelson, editors, The Syriac Gazetteer
- Carlson, Thomas A., entry contributor, “ Pishon”
- Data merging, Pleiades and Wikipedia linking, and XML by Thomas A. Carlson