Romanos the Melodist - ܪܘܡܢܐ (ca. 485 - ca. 560) author
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 W. L. Petersen, " Romanos the Melodist," in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage ( Piscataway, NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011) http://syriaca.org/bibl/467, pp: 353-354, 353-354.
- 2 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity ( The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013) http://syriaca.org/bibl/5, entry: Romanos.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Walters, James E. et al., “ Romanos the Melodist — ܪܘܡܢܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/706.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Romanos the Melodist — ܪܘܡܢܐ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “ Romanos the Melodist — ܪܘܡܢܐ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson