Ibn al-Tayyib - ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ (d. 1043)
http://syriaca.org/person/543 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Priest, theologian, exegete, physician, translator, and philosopher. His full name is Abū al-Faraj ʿAbd Allāh Ibn al-Ṭayyib al-ʿIrāqī.” 1
- ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ
- Ibn al-Tayyib
- ܕܝܪܝܐ ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ4
- ܕܰܝܪܳܝܐ ܐܰܒܘ ܐܠܦܰܪܓ ܥܰܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܰܪ ܛܰܝܒ4
- ابو الفرج عبدالله ابن الطيب3
- Ibn at-Tayyib5
- Abu al-Faraj ‛Abd Allah Ibn al-Ṭayyib2
- Ibn al-Ṭayyib1
- Ibn al-Tayyib1
- Ch. of E. 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 A. M. Butts, "Ibn al-Ṭayyib." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 206-207, 206-207.
- 2 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, The Scattered Pearls: A History of Syriac Literature and Sciences, trans. Matti Moosa, 2nd rev. ed. (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2003), pp: 42.
- 3 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, al-Luʼluʼ al-manthūr fī tārīkh al-ʻulūm wa-al-ādāb al-Suryāniyyah, 4th ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1987), pp: 522.
- 4 Ignatius Afram Barsoum, Berule bdire d-ʿal yulpone suryoye hdire, trans. Philoxenos Yuḥanon Dolabani, 2nd ed. (Holland: Bar Hebraeus Verlag, 1991), pp: 57-58.
- 5 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Ibn at-Tayyib.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Ibn al-Tayyib — ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/543.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Ibn al-Tayyib — ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/543.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Ibn al-Tayyib — ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, and Nathan P. Gibson, entry contributors, “Ibn al-Tayyib — ܐܒܘ ܐܠܦܪܓ ܥܒܕ ܐܠܗ ܒܪ ܛܝܒ ”
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, Syriac name entry, Arabic name entry, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson