Polycarp, chorepiscopus of Mabbug - ܦܘܠܝܩܪܦܘܣ (sometime between 475 - 525)
http://syriaca.org/person/35 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
“Chorepiscopus of the diocese of Mabbug, who was commissioned with the translation of the NT (and parts of the OT) by Philoxenos of Mabbug (the so-called Philoxenian version).” 1
- ܟܘܪܐܦܝܣܩܘܦܐ ܦܘܠܝܩܪܦܘܣ4
- ܟܘܪܐܶܦܝܣܩܘܦܳܐ ܦܘܠܝܩܰܪܦܳܘܣ4
- الخوري بوليقربوس3
- Polycarpus the Chorepiscopus5
- Chorepiscopus Polycarp2
- Polycarp, chorepiscopus of Mabbug
- Syr. Orth. 1
Related Places in the Syriac Gazetteer
* This map displays 1 records. Only places with coordinates are displayed.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 A. Juckel, "Polykarpos." in Sebastian P. Brock et al. (eds.), The Gorgias Encyclopedic Dictionary of the Syriac Heritage (Piscataway,NJ: Gorgias Press, 2011), pp: 336-337.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 144-145.
- 7 Ignatius Ortiz de Urbina, Patrologia Syriaca, Altera editio emendata et aucta (Romae: Pont. Institutum Orientalium Studiorum, 1965), section: 108.
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Polycarp, chorepiscopus of Mabbug — ܦܘܠܝܩܪܦܘܣ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/35.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Polycarp, chorepiscopus of Mabbug — ܦܘܠܝܩܪܦܘܣ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/35.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Polycarp, chorepiscopus of Mabbug — ܦܘܠܝܩܪܦܘܣ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Polycarp, chorepiscopus of Mabbug — ܦܘܠܝܩܪܦܘܣ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama
- Proofreading of GEDSH abstracts and addition of confessions and alternate names from GEDSH by Nathan P. Gibson