Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara - ܣܘܝܪܐ ܕܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܕܝܫܬܐ ܒܪܒܪܐ (sometime between 800 - 900)
http://syriaca.org/person/164 This page is an entry in A Guide to Syriac Authors
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 6 Anton Baumstark, Geschichte der syrischen Literatur mit Ausschluß der christlich-palästinensischen Texte (Bonn: A. Marcus und E. Webers Verlag Dr. jur. Albert Ahn, 1922), pp: 279.
- 7 William Wright, A Short History of Syriac Literature (London: Adam and Charles Black, 1894), pp: 34-35.
Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara Different from (1)Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara Has relation to place (1)
How to Cite This Entry
James E. Walters et al., “Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara — ܣܘܝܪܐ ܕܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܕܝܫܬܐ ܒܪܒܪܐ ” in A Guide to Syriac Authors last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/164.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:James E. Walters et al., “Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara — ܣܘܝܪܐ ܕܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܕܝܫܬܐ ܒܪܒܪܐ .” In A Guide to Syriac Authors, edited by David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson. Vol. 2 of The Syriac Biographical Dictionary, edited by David A. Michelson. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/164.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara — ܣܘܝܪܐ ܕܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܕܝܫܬܐ ܒܪܒܪܐ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- David A. Michelson and Nathan P. Gibson, editors, A Guide to Syriac Authors
- James E. Walters, David A. Michelson, Thomas A. Carlson, Nathan P. Gibson, and Kristian Heal, entry contributors, “Severus of the Monastery of Saint Barbara — ܣܘܝܪܐ ܕܕܝܪܐ ܕܩܕܝܫܬܐ ܒܪܒܪܐ ”
- Data from Macuch, Abuna, De Urbina, Duval, Assemani (vols. 1-2), Chabot, Wright, and Brock collected, verified, reconciled, and entered by Kristian Heal
- German data entry by Samer Khader
- Editing, document design, proofreading, data entry by David A. Michelson
- Matching with viaf.org records, data entry, data transformation, conversion to XML by Nathan P. Gibson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English name entry, matching with viaf.org records by James E. Walters
- Editing, disambiguation research, conversion to XML by Thomas A. Carlson
- Syriac name entry by Robert Aydin
- Arabic name entry by Jad Kaado
- Normalization of GEDSH dates and entry matching with viaf.org records by Alex Vawter
- Editorial oversight for GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry, and proofreading by Christopher Johnson
- GEDSH and Barsoum English text entry and proofreading by the Syriac Research Group, University of Alabama