Yareth - ܝܪܬ
http://syriaca.org/person/1509 This page is an entry in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
Yareth was a monk who was trained in the monastery of Pachomius and then later joined the monks of the circle of Mar Awgin on Mount Izla. He visited the monastery of Mar Ahha, near where the ark of the covenant of Moses was. He converted the region of Beth Zabdai. There he built a monastery and lived with his disciple Quryaqos.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca, entry: 1172, 1916.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques (Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004), entry: 454.
- 3 Addai Scher, Kitāb ašhar šuhadā' al-mašriq (Vies des saints martyrs d'Orient (Mossoul, 1900)., : II, 265-75.
- 4 François Nau, "Résumé de monographies syriaques." Revue de l'Orient chrétien vol. 18, 270-76, 379-89; 19, 113-134, 278-89, 414-440; 20, 3-32. (1913)., : (1914), 432-40.
- 5 Jean Maurice Fiey, Nisibe, métropole syriaque orientale et ses suffragants des origines à nos jours (Louvain: Secrétariat du CorpusSCO, 1977)., : index s.v.
- 6 Enciclopedia dei santi: le chiese orientali [= Bibliotheca sanctorum orientalium] (Roma: Città nuova, 1998)., : II, 1353.
- 7 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity (The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013), entry: Mar Yareth of Alexandria.
How to Cite This Entry
Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al., “Yareth — ܝܪܬ ” in Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints last modified August 17, 2016, http://syriaca.org/person/1509.Show full citation information...
Bibliography:Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al., “Yareth — ܝܪܬ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1509.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Yareth — ܝܪܬ
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “Yareth — ܝܪܬ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2016.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.