Abraham of the High Mountain - ܐܒܪܗܡ(d. 399) saint
Abraham was a famous monk and miracle-worker of the monastery of the High Mountain north of Mount Izla, and he was the teacher of Bar Ṣauma. He founded a monastery near Midyat where the stylite Abel was.
- The saint is venerated on West Syrian, April 18. ()2
- Abraham of the High Mountain is commemorated in Abraham of the High Mountain (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/694] . ()2
- Abraham of the High Mountain is commemorated in Abraham of the High Mountain (text) [http://syriaca.org/work/1135] . ()2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 Ugo Zanetti and Claude Detienne, Bibliotheca Hagiographica Syriaca http://syriaca.org/bibl/649, entry: 479, 971.
- 2 Jean Maurice Fiey, Saints Syriaques ( Princeton, N.J.: The Darwin Press, Inc., 2004) http://syriaca.org/bibl/650, entry: 19.
- 3 Paul Peeters, " Le martyrologe de Rabban Ṣalība," Analecta Bollandiana vol. 27 ( 1908), : 180.
- 4 François Nau, Les légendes syriaques d'Aaron de Saroug, de Maxime et Domèce, d'Abraham, maître de Barsoma, et de l'empereur Maurice. Les miracles de Saint Ptolémée. ( Paris: Firmin-Didot, 1910), : 767-74.
- 5 François Nau, " Résumé de monographies syriaques," Revue de l'Orient chrétien vol. 18, 270-76, 379-89; 19, 113-134, 278-89, 414-440; 20, 3-32. ( 1913), : 414-19. ( 1914)
- 6 Pontificia Università lateranense and Istituto Giovanni XXIII, Bibliotheca sanctorum ( Roma: Istituto Giovanni XXIII nella Pontificia Università lateranense, 1961-1970), : I, 115-16.
- 7 Sergey Minov (ed.), A Comprehensive Bibliography on Syriac Christianity ( The Center for the Study of Christianity, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2013) http://syriaca.org/bibl/5, entry: Abraham of High Mountain.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole et al., “ Abraham of the High Mountain — ܐܒܪܗܡ .” In Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson. Vol. 1 of Gateway to the Syriac Saints, edited by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent et al.. Syriaca.org, 2016-. Entry published August 17, 2016. http://syriaca.org/person/1109.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Abraham of the High Mountain — ܐܒܪܗܡ
Publication Date: August 17, 2016
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- David A. Michelson, general editor, Syriaca.org: The Syriac Reference Portal
- Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent and David A. Michelson, editors, Qadishe: A Guide to the Syriac Saints
- Saint-Laurent, Jeanne-Nicole and David A. Michelson, entry contributors, “ Abraham of the High Mountain — ܐܒܪܗܡ ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Jeanne-Nicole Saint-Laurent
- Data architecture and encoding by David A. Michelson
- Editing, Syriac data conversion, data entry, and reconciling by Adam P. Kane
- Editing and Syriac data proofreading by Aram Bar Schabo
- Entries adapted from the work of J. M. Fiey
- Entries adapted from the work of Ugo Zanetti
- Entries adapted from the work of Claude Detienne